Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Postgraduate Advocacy Service

SUPRA employs caseworkers who can assist you with (almost) any issues you have while you are a postgraduate student at the University of Sydney.

Caseworkers can help with: 

  • academic appeals
  • Show Good Cause
  • harassment, discrimination and bullying
  • special consideration
  • special arrangements
  • research supervision
  • making progress
  • academic honesty and plagiarism
  • fees and finances
  • renting and housing
  • Centrelink
  • enrolment
  • and more!

If you have a problem that is not on this list, contact us to see how we can help.

If you have a legal issue – such as needing advice on migration, intellectual property, or fines – our Legal Service can help you.

How to use the Postgrad Advocacy Service

To help protect the health of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic we are working from home. To get help from a caseworker:

1. Join SUPRA. If you’re not already a member, sign up.

2. Email us your question. Please attach any documents about your enquiry when you email. For example, if you have a tenancy question, please attach your tenancy agreement; if you have a question about your studies, please attach any notices the University has sent you about the matter. You can also use this form on our website to contact us.

SUPRA administration will contact you if we need any further details.

3. Your email will be forwarded to a caseworker who will respond to you within 24 hours.

SUPRA Legal Service

Our Legal Service employs experienced solicitors to provide advice, advocacy and representation for postgraduate students at the University of Sydney