Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Search in posts
Search in pages

Justice of the Peace

A Justice of the Peace (JP) is a legally recognised witness for statutory declarations, and is able to certify signatures and copied documents. They offer this service for free.

Our Legal Service offers JP services to SUPRA members. Contact us to make an appointment. Please bring your prepared statutory declaration, the documents to be witnessed and any copies to be certified, as well as your student ID or photo identification.

There are many other JPs at the University of Sydney, most also ask you to make an appointment beforehand: find a JP on campus. You can also find a JP near you using the JP Public Register.

Download a statutory declaration form.

Need more help?

Our  casework and legal services are here for you.

Postgraduate Advocacy Service

Postgraduate Advocacy and Policy Officers can help with any problems you face while you study at Usyd, from academic appeals to renting.

SUPRA Legal Service

SUPRA Legal Service employs solicitors who can assist with a wide range of legal issues, including visas and migration law.