Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

SUPRA Legal Service

SUPRA Legal Service Pty Ltd provides free legal advice, representation in court, and a referral service to postgraduate students who are SUPRA members.

Our solicitors can assist you with a wide range of legal issues, including:

  • administrative law (government etc.)
  • consumer complaints
  • intellectual property
  • court action against the University
  • credit and debt
  • criminal law
  • discrimination and harassment
  • domestic violence
  • employment law
  • family law (advice only)
  • migration* advice
  • motor vehicle accidents
  • University complaints
  • victims compensation
  • other general complaints

* Registered Migration Agents (Ingrid van Tongeren MARN 1911813; Sue-Ellen Hills MARN 1912229)

The Australian Government has implemented a registration scheme for the provision of immigration advice and our practice observes the strict Code of Conduct developed by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.

How to use the Legal Service

To help protect the health of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic we are working from home. To get help from our Solicitors/Registered Migration Agents:

1. Join SUPRA. If you’re not already a member, sign up.

2. Email us your question. Please attach any documents about your enquiry when you email. For example, if you have an intellectual property question, please attach your contract. You can also use this form on our website to contact us.

SUPRA administration will contact you if we need any further details.

3. Your email will be forwarded to a Solicitor/Registered Migration Agent who will respond to you within 24 hours.

Postgraduate Advocacy Service

Our caseworkers can help with a wide range of academic and wellbeing issues, such as academic appeals, Show Good Cause, and housing