Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

On-Campus Student Support Services


Learning Centre

The Learning Centre provides free, practical assistance for students to develop essential skills for learning and communicating at university. It offers workshops for both coursework and research students, individual consultations and online resources.

Workshops are scheduled during both semester and non-semester periods Once registration opens, it’s important to book as soon as possible. Register online, or if you’re waitlisted, contact the Learning Centre if more spots open up closer to the workshop date.

Camperdown/Darlington Campus
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Room 722, Level 7, Education Building (A35)
(02) 9351 3853

Cumberland Campus (Faculty of Health Sciences)
Hours: Wednesday-Friday, by appointment
Ground Floor, Building A
(02) 9351 9319


Careers Centre

The Careers Centre can help you find work while you are studying. Their online job database lists casual, part-time, and full-time jobs, as well as internships, graduate positions and vacation jobs.

For advice on employment after university, book a one-on-one session with a Careers Advisor, enrol in one of their workshops, attend an on-campus recruitment session, or visit a Careers Fair.

Hours: Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm
(02) 8627 8403
Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02), Darlington Campus


The Childcare Information Office

This office provides information about childcare centres near the Camperdown, Darlington and Cumberland campuses, and resources to help you find childcare near where you live.

Hours: Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm
(02) 8627 2004
Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02), Darlington Campus


Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

For more information, see Health & medical services [hyperlink]

Hours: Monday–Friday, 9am–4.30pm
(02) 8627 8433 or (02) 8627 8437
Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02), Darlington Campus or


Disability Services

For more information, see Disability support [hyperlink]

Hours: Monday–Friday, 9am–4pm
(02) 8627 8422
Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02), Darlington Campus


Student Accommodation Services

This service provides information and resources about University-owned or -managed accommodation. The Accommodation Database lists available private rentals in popular areas. If you have problems with a landlord who is on the University’s Accommodation Database, please seek assistance from SUPRA. Unfortunately, staff in the University Accommodation Service can’t help in such situations.

Hours: Monday–Friday, 10am–4pm
(02) 9351 3322
Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02), Darlington Campus


Scholarships Office

For more information, see Financial assistance
Hours: Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm
1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864) in Australia and (02) 8627 1444 outside Australia
Level 4, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02), Darlington Campus


Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre and Facilities

The Multifaith Chaplaincy consists of professionals appointed by their faith communities, who the University officially recognise to provide spiritual support and pastoral care to students and staff.

Room M240, Level 2, Merewether Building (H04), Darlington Campus
Building P, 75 East Street, Cumberland Campus (Open 24/7)
Enter via Gate 1.


Islamic Prayer Rooms

Level 3, Old Teachers’ College (A22), Camperdown Campus
Women’s Prayer Room: Room U319
Men’s Prayer Room: Room U320
Friday prayers: Assembly Hall, Room 300

Can’t find what you’re looking for?