2021 Supervisor of the Year Awards
SUPRA Supervisor of the Year 2021 nominations now open
Last year was pretty average for most HDR candidates and many of you survived and even thrived because of outstanding support from your supervisors. It’s time to reward your supervisor by nominating them for SUPRA’s Supervisor of the Year Award for 2021. Our awards have been running for over 5 years and are proudly student-nominated and student-judged.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The SUPRA Supervisor of the Year Awards aim to promote, recognise and reward excellence in higher degree research supervision at the University of Sydney as nominated and judged by research postgraduates at the University.
The awards are uniquely student-driven. We honour supervisors of Masters research, PhD, and other doctoral candidates. All nominees will be acknowledged by publication and the eventual winners announced at our awards night in November.
- Your research supervisor or co-supervisor supervised you for at least a whole year of your candidature, and you are currently enrolled or your degree was awarded no earlier than in 2020.
- Nominations are for individual supervisors only.
- Nominations must be seconded by another doctoral or masters research student who had the same supervisor.
- A student may nominate and complete nomination for only one supervisor, but may second a nomination by another student for the same person or a co-supervisor.
- Previous nominations are eligible for this year’s awards.
Nominees will be assessed on the basis of the information provided on the nomination form and against the following criteria:
- Positive and constructive relationship with students
- Assistance with research and support for research career of students
- Knowledge of the field of research.
A panel comprised of PhD and/or Masters research students at the University of Sydney and under the coordination of the SUPRA Council.
There are 6 sections in total with Section 5 being about your supervisory experience. Make sure to bookmark your nomination form if you want to review and make changes any time after submission, and up until the closing date.
- Submit nomination online.
- All nominations will be acknowledged by email receipt.
- Closing date for nominations is 30 September 2021.
*SUPRA acknowledges the UNSW ARC PGC Supervisor Awards and nomination form and criteria which form the basis of the SUPRA Supervisor of the Year Awards.
*SUPRA reserves the right to disqualify a nominee who does not meet the criteria or the standards set out in the University of Sydney Staff Code of Conduct.
Get all the benefits – become a SUPRA member
Get involved with your postgrad community
Get involved in the decision-making that affects your studies
Get free, confidential, professional advice