2022 Supervisor of the Year Awards
Nominations are now open for Supervisor of the Year Awards!
Is your supervisor the best? Then nominate them for a Supervisor of the Year Award!
SUPRA Supervisor of the Year Awards aim to promote, recognise and reward excellence in higher degree research supervision at the University of Sydney as nominated and judged by research postgraduates at the University.
We honour supervisors of master’s by research, PhD, and other doctoral candidates. Nominees and students are invited to the awards night in October or November when winners are announced.
• Your research supervisor or co-supervisor supervised you for at least a whole year of your candidature, and you are currently enrolled, or your degree was awarded no earlier than in 2021.
• Nomination is for an individual supervisor only.
• Nominations must be seconded by another doctoral or master’s by research student who had the same supervisor.
• A student may nominate only one supervisor, but may second a nomination made by another student.
• Previous nominees are eligible for this year’s awards.
Nominees will be assessed on the basis of the information provided on the nomination form and against the following criteria:
• positive and constructive relationship with students
• assistance with research and support for research career of students
• knowledge of the field of research.
Submit your nomination
All nominations will be acknowledged by email receipt.
Closing date for nominations is 3 October 2022.
If you have any questions or trouble filling out the nomination form, contact: email@example.com.
Get all the benefits – become a SUPRA member
• Get involved with your postgrad community.
• Get involved in the decision-making that affects your studies.
• Get free, confidential, independent, professional advice.