SUPRA Student Carers’ Network
We’re excited to introduce SUPRA’s first Student Carers’ Network. Our goal is to create a community that connects students who have caregiving responsibilities – providing mutual support and learning opportunities. If you care for an adult, have the responsibility of taking care of children, or are expecting a baby/babies, this network is designed to connect you with fellow students in similar situations.
This network serves a dual purpose:
- to gain insights into the needs of students with caregiving responsibilities, so SUPRA can work to enhance their successes in their academic journeys
- to offer a platform where students in similar situations can find each other.
Our dedicated social platform is hosted on Slack. We invite all postgrad students who identify as parents or carers to join this channel. It’s a space for sharing experiences, finding support, and building a stronger community among student carers.
Join the Student Carers’ Network
By submitting this form, you confirm that you are a postgraduate student at the University of Sydney who also has caring responsibilities, and that you are therefore eligible to join this network. You also confirm that you are SUPRA member, or agree to become a member by submitting this form.
If you have any questions or trouble filling out the form, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get all the benefits of SUPRA membership
• Connect with your postgrad community.
• Have a say in decisions that affect your studies.
• Use our free, confidential, independent and professional casework and legal services.