Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Search in posts
Search in pages
  1. Home
  2. HDR Hub
  3. Administration
  4. Higher Degree Research Administration Centre (HDRAC)

Higher Degree Research Administration Centre (HDRAC)

The Higher Degree by Research Administration Centre (HDRAC) provides administrative services to higher degree by research candidates at the University of Sydney. From enrolment through to graduation, HDRAC provides support for:

  • progress reviews
  • candidature variations
  • thesis examinations
  • Postgraduate Research Support Scheme (PRSS)
  • stipend payments.

HDRAC is a good contact for advice on the policies and procedures governing postgraduate research study. If you have an issue or concern, they can direct you to the appropriate person in your faculty or the University, or refer you to other services and resources to support your research.

Contact HDRAC:

Location: Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02), Darlington Campus
Opening hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Phone: 02 8627 4343
Higher Degree by Research Administrative Centre

Faculty of Science:

Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences; and Sydney Law School:

Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning; University of Sydney Business School; Faculty of Engineering and IT; and Sydney Conservatorium of

Faculty of Medicine and


Stuck in Uni bureaucracy?

Our services are here to help.

Postgraduate Advocacy Service

Our caseworkers are experts on Uni policy, and advocate on behalf of Usyd postgrads to improve your rights and research conditions. 

SUPRA Legal Service

Our solicitors can assist with a wide range of legal issues, from intellectual property to contracts, as well as visas and migration law.