Semester 1 results were published on Wednesday 5 July 2023. SUPRA wishes all coursework students the best of luck with their results!

Confused about what your results mean?

Check out the University’s guide to grades. It explains all of the results as well as what to do if you have a missing or incomplete result.

Stressed about your results?

Receiving a fail grade, or a grade that you’re unhappy with, can be very stressful. It’s good to remember to take a deep breath and know your academic rights. The information in this newsletter should give you a good idea about how to deal with any results you’ve received.

Need help?

We’re here for you! SUPRA employs professional caseworkers to assist postgrad students with almost any issue you might have – contact our casework service – it’s free, confidential and independent from the University.

How to appeal your grade

If you don’t agree with your final mark and you want to appeal start by reading our comprehensive guide to academic appeals for coursework students.

Deadline to appeal:

You have 15 working days to submit your appeal.

For final exam and assessment results published on 5 July 2023, the deadline for your stage 1 appeal is Wednesday, 26 July 2023. 

Find out more about making an appeal:

For assistance with your appeal contact our casework service for help. We’re here to help you!

Appeal or complaint?

It can be confusing to know whether you want to lodge an appeal or make a complaint.

An academic appeal allows you to challenge a specific academic decision, such as a grade, or the outcome of a special consideration application.

A complaint is a way to raise an issue with the faculty or the University over matters such as discrimination, harassment, or an issue with the quality of teaching or assessment.

Find out more about whether to make an appeal or complaint.

Our caseworkers can help you! Contact our caseworkers for advice.

What to do if you’ve been accused of an academic integrity breach

Get help from SUPRA as soon as you receive your allegation! Consult one of our professional caseworkers for advice if you have received a penalty you don’t agree with, or before responding to the Educational Integrity Coordinator (EIC) or investigator. Contact us for help.

Read more:

Can I discontinue a unit that I failed?

If you have experienced special circumstances that were beyond your control, such as serious illness or misadventure, and special consideration is not appropriate for you, you can apply for late discontinuation under special circumstances. If your application is approved, you will receive a DC grade.

A DC grade does not count as a fail grade, it doesn’t affect your Weighted Average Mark, and you will receive a fee refund or remission for the unit.

Contact our professional caseworkers for help with your application.

Find out more about discontinuing a unit.

Show Good Cause

If you have been asked to Show Good Cause, or know you will be, one of our professional caseworkers will be able to advise and assist you. Contact us for help.

Read our Show Good Cause information to understand the process and begin drafting your response.