We hope you are staying safe and well during the Sydney lockdown. If you are looking for support, the University has a good collection of support and resources. And Study NSW has collected resources for international students.

Government advice

You can find the updated list of NSW COVID-19 case locations on the NSW Health website.

Up-to-date lockdown rules for NSW can be found on the NSW Government website.


The NSW Government has announced a 60 day stop on evictions for renters who have lost significant income (25% or more) and have fallen into rent arrears. They also strongly encouraged landlords to provide rent relief to impacted renters by reducing rent or waiving arrears. Check the Tenants’ Union Renters’ Guide to COVID-19 or contact us if you need help talking to your landlord about rent reductions.


If you have lost income due to a lockdown, or if you are required to self isolate or look after someone with COVID-19, you may be eligible for financial assistance. These payments are available to both local and international students:

The University has financial assistance available for students:


Have you received an unfair COVID fine? Redfern Legal Centre (RLC) is providing free, confidential legal advice to people issued with a COVID-19 fine across NSW. Find out more about their campaign against unlawful COVID fines.


Check the University COVID-19 information page for updates on how restrictions affect University campuses, facilities and services.


As always, you can contact us for help with any issues you are having. Our casework and legal services are here to help!

Recent news

Difficult conversations with your supervisor

Difficult conversations with your supervisor

Academic relationships can at times be complex. At some point in your candidature your relationship with a supervisor may deteriorate, or your working styles may suddenly not seem compatible. When is the right time to raise your concerns? And how should you raise...

read more
Thinking about a future outside of academia?

Thinking about a future outside of academia?

Many HDR students – at one point or another in their degree – think about, and plan for, careers outside of the academy. Below are some things to think about when planning a career outside of academia. Shift your project to include areas of interest to other...

read more
Meet SUPRA’s new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Officer

Meet SUPRA’s new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Officer

My name is Lindsay, and I am so excited to have been elected as your SUPRA Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Officer! I am a palawa luna, a proud Aboriginal woman whose family comes from southeast lutruwita/Tasmania, but I grew up here on Darug Country. I will be...

read more

The SUPRA office is closed – but you can still get help!

Due to COVID-19 SUPRA staff and council are working from home, to help protect the health of our community. We are working to full capacity and are providing timely and accurate information, advice and support.

Read how to get help here.