Semester 1 results will be published on Wednesday 3 July 2024.  SUPRA wishes all coursework students the best of luck with their results!

Confused about what your results mean?

Check out the University’s Guide to grades. It explains all of the results as well as what to do if you have a missing or incomplete result.

Stressed about your results?

Receiving a fail grade or a grade that you are unhappy with can be very stressful. It’s good to remember to take a deep breath and know your academic rights. The information on this page should give you a good idea about how to deal with any results you’ve received.

Need help?

We’re here for you! Contact our casework service – professional staff employed by SUPRA to assist postgrad students with almost any issue you might have. Our casework service is free, confidential and independent from the University.

How to appeal your grade

If you don’t agree with your final mark and you want to appeal start by reading our comprehensive guide to academic appeals for coursework students.

You have 15 working days to submit your appeal. For final exam and assessment results published on 3 July, the deadline for your stage 1 appeal is Wednesday 24 July 2024. 

Still have more questions? Read our stage 1 appeals: frequently asked questions to check if we’ve already answered them. For free, confidential and independent advice contact our casework service for help.

Appeal or complaint?

It can be confusing to know whether you want to lodge an appeal or make a complaint. 

An academic appeal allows you to challenge a specific academic decision, such as a grade, or the outcome of a special consideration application. 

complaint is a way to raise an issue with the faculty or the University over matters such as discrimination, harassment, or an issue with the quality of teaching or assessment. 

Find out more about whether to make an appeal or complaint.  If you need advice about whether to make an appeal or complaint contact our caseworkers for help.

Can’t access your results?

Your results can display as Results Incomplete (RI), or your record may have sanctions applied. This means you aren’t allowed to access your results at all. This can happen for many different reasons. These can include:

  • outstanding debts to the University, including University-owned accommodation, the library, University-provided loans, or student fees
  • an ongoing misconduct matter being managed by the Student Affairs Unit
  • an ongoing academic integrity matter being reviewed by your faculty’s Educational Integrity Coordinator.

Got overdue books? If you return overdue books to any Usyd Library before 19 July 2024, your fines will be waived. Find out more.

Want to discontinue a unit that you failed?

If you have experienced special circumstances that were beyond your control, such as serious illness or misadventure, and you were affected for more than 20 business days (around one calendar month), you can apply for late discontinuation under special circumstances. If your application is approved, you will receive a DC grade. A DC grade does not count as a fail grade, it doesn’t affect your Weighted Average Mark, and you will receive a fee refund or remission for the unit.

Contact our professional caseworkers for help with your application.

If none of these reasons sound right, or you have special circumstances requiring you to access your results right away, contact our casework service for advice.

What to do if you’ve been accused of an academic integrity breach

Get free advice from SUPRA as soon as you receive your allegation!  Consult with one of our professional caseworkers for advice before attending a meeting with the Educational Integrity Coordinator (EIC) or investigator, or before writing a response. Contact us for help.

Read more about academic integrity breaches.

What to do if you’ve received a Notice of Alleged Misconduct

If you have received a Notice of Alleged Misconduct (NOAM) throughout the year, your grades may be displayed as RI (Results incomplete), or your record may have sanctions applied. You may not be able to view your results at all.  This can be quite difficult for students, particularly because misconduct cases can take a long time to be processed by the Student Affairs Unit.

If you have special circumstances and need to view your results urgently, contact our caseworkers for advice.

Show Good Cause

If you have been asked to Show Good Cause, or worry that you will be, one of our professional caseworkers will be able to advise and assist you. Contact us for help.

Read our Show Good Cause information to understand the process and begin drafting your response.