Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Search in posts
Search in pages

Spaces for HDR students

HDR students can access a variety of individual and group study spaces across the University. Talk to your supervisor about what study spaces are available for HDR students in your faculty.


The University has libraries located across all campuses that specialise in particular subjects. They have a wide range of facilities, including spaces for individual and group study.

See the full list of Library locations and opening hours on the Library website, or book a study space online.

Library Peer Learning Advisors (PLAs)

The Library PLAs are a team of current postgraduate students who provide peer-to-peer services for all students. You can chat to a PLA about anything, including advice on study skills, support with referencing, upskilling in new technologies, or just where to find the best study space on campus.

Find out more about Library PLAs.

University learning hubs

There are several learning hubs where you can find computers with Wi-Fi access, printing and scanning facilities. There are quiet spaces to study by yourself, or spaces for group work, including pods with touch screens and webcams.

Learning hubs remain open to students as long as the buildings they are in remain open.

For a full list of learning hubs, including access hours and facilities, visit the University’s list of study spaces.

Computer access labs

As well as computers in library spaces and learning hubs, the University provides extra computer labs for individual study. Labs have computers with Wi-Fi access, student software, and printing facilities.

For a full list of computer access labs, including access hours and facilities, visit the University’s list of study spaces.

Gadigal Centre

The Gadigal Centre is the University’s dedicated student centre for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, providing support services and culturally safe study spaces for students.

For more information including location and opening hours, visit the Gadigal Centre web page.

Download this article as a Word document [18KB]
Download this article as a PDF [38KB]

Written by SUPRA Postgraduate Advocacy Service March 2023.

Was this page helpful?

Get help from a caseworker or solicitor.

Our services are here for you.

Postgraduate Advocacy Service

Our caseworkers are experts on Uni policy, and advocate on behalf of Usyd postgrads to improve your rights and research conditions. 

SUPRA Legal Service

Our solicitors can assist with a wide range of legal issues, from intellectual property to contracts, as well as visas and migration law.