Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Justice of the Peace, change of address and lost property

Justice of the Peace

A Justice of the Peace (or JP) is a legally recognised witness for statutory declarations, and is able to certify signatures and copied documents. They offer this service for free.

Our Legal Service offers JP services to SUPRA members. Contact us to make an appointment, come to our legal drop in times (1pm-3pm, Mondays and Thursdays), or come to the office during opening hours and if one of our lawyers is free they can witness or certify your documents. Please bring your prepared statutory declaration, documents to be witnessed or copies to be certified, as well as your student ID or photo identification.

There are many other JPs at the University of Sydney, most ask you to make an appointment beforehand: find a JP near campus. You can also find a JP near you using the JP Public Register.

Download a statutory declaration form.

Change of address

Urgent and important correspondence from the University is usually sent by email to your University email account. Official correspondence will be sent to the postal address you supply to the Student Centre. Update your address and contact details through Sydney Student, which you can access via My Uni.

Lost property

If you have lost or found any property on a University campus contact your closest lost property collection point, or Campus Assist on (02) 9351 7838 between 8.30am and 5pm. There is also an online form you can fill out.

Need more help?

Student Advice and Advocacy Service

Our Student Advice and Advocacy Officers (SAAOs) can help with academic and wellbeing issues, such as academic appeals, renting and supervision.

Read more about the SUPRA SAAO Service

Legal Service

Our Legal Service solicitors can help with a range of legal issues, including migration law*, intellectual property, contracts, fines and criminal law.

Read more about the SUPRA Legal Service

*MARNs 1911813, 1912229