Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Higher Degree Research Administration Centre (HDRAC)


The HDR Administration Centre (HDRAC) provides administrative services to all Higher Degree by Research candidates at the University of Sydney, and it supports staff and HDR students with all candidature administration requirements. The HDRAC is the point of contact from enrolment through to graduation, and provides support around:

  • Progress Reviews
  • Candidature Variations
  • Thesis Examinations
  • PRSS
  • Stipend payments

Faculties are organised under the following structure:

Portfolio One: Agriculture, Science, Vet Science and Health Sciences

Portfolio Two: Arts and Social Sciences, Education and Social Work, Business, Law, Sydney College of the Arts:

Portfolio Three: Conservatorium of Music, Architecture, Engineering and IT:

Portfolio Four: Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing:

Location: Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02)
Opening hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Phone (02) 8627 4343

If students are unsure about any of the relevant policies and how these impact on them, we would encourage them to contact the appropriate portfolio. The HDR Administration Centre is also an excellent source of information regarding other services provided at the University and can direct you as needed.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?